We present the Facts
- CPF Savings (2)
- Housing (13)
- Transport (8)
- Street Hawking (1)
- Cost of Living (1)
- Budget (2)
- Election Process (1)
- Law and Regulation (7)
- Online Licensing Framework (2)
- Cyber Security (3)
- Parliament (1)
- Health (3)
- Retirement Adequacy (2)
- Population and Economy (5)
- Flooding (2)
- Rental of State Land (1)
- Reserves (2)
- Nursing Homes (1)
- Haze (1)
- Income and Purchasing Power (2)
- National Service (1)
- Education (1)
- Classification (1)
- Content Classification (1)
- Inflation (2)
- Fiscal Data (2)
- Debt Level (1)
- GST (1)
- Government Procurement (1)
- Want more facts? Check out these sites to find out more info on government policies:
Why can't I withdraw all my CPF when I reach 55? How is the Minimum Sum determined? What is the CPF for anyway?
Published: 21 July, 2014
- There have been many questions surrounding CPF lately. Not too sure of some of the answers? Here are some answers to frequently asked questions! Read More
Does HDB rectify defects in new HDB flats? What are the measures in place?
Published: 07 July, 2014
- HDB has a system in place to ensure that the quality of its new flats meet acceptable industry standards. They abide by a clear set of guidelines and impose quality checks at every stage of construction, including pre-and post-construction...
How are our expressways named? Why is the Ayer Rajah Expressway shortened to AYE and not ARE?
Published: 09 June, 2014
- Some of our expressways' names seem to be shortened based on the first letter of each word,for example, East Coast Parkway (ECP) and Pan Island Expressway (PIE). Yet other expressways such as the Bukit Timah Expressway are...Read More
Why does HDB allow flat owners to sublet their flat?
Published: 09 May, 2014
- HDB flats are meant primarily for owner-occupation. The flexibility to sublet is an option open to those who are eligible, and who need to supplement their household income, such as retired seniors and families in need...
Do people who sell tissue packets from table to table at hawker centres have to pay a licensing fee to NEA?
Published: 26 April, 2014
- No, they do not have to pay any licence fee to NEA. Under the Street Hawking Scheme, a licence is given to hawkers who sell their goods at fixed locations...Read More
How can I use my CPF money? What are the myths and facts surrounding our CPF savings?
Published: 15 April, 2014
- Edited on 11 June 2014: CPF monies are your money and this is a fact. You can use CPF monies for housing, healthcare and investments. There are guidelines for their usage... Read More
Cost of Living
Is Singapore the most expensive city to live in?
Published: 28 March, 2014
- In the latest Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL) survey, Singapore was ranked as the most expensive city for expatriates to live in. The survey aims to measure... Read More
Why are different figures reported in the Budget Statement and IMF’s government finance data?
Published: 26 March, 2014
Why can't HDB grant bigger loans to buy the flat of my choice?
Published: 14 March, 2014
- HDB provides housing loans with a concessionary interest rate to help flat buyers pay for their flat in manageable monthly instalments, and to sustain home ownership in the long run. The maximum loan amount that can be granted...Read More
What is the Budget Process?
Published: 18 February, 2014
Ever wondered about the Singapore Budget Process? Here’s a look at what you need to know ...
How have public transport fares changed after the 2013 Fare Review?
Published: 10 February, 2014
These are the new measures that have been introduced to help keep public transport affordable for those who need it most ...Read More
What happens to ballot boxes used in elections after polls close?
Published: 28 January, 2014
- When elections are held in Singapore, the Elections Department follows the procedures laid out in the law to ensure the integrity of the election...