Want to catch NDP 2018 at The Float @ Marina Bay?
Here’s your chance!
Gov.sg is giving away three pairs of NDP 2018 Actual Day (9 Aug) tickets, five NDP Fun Packs and exclusive Gov.sg gift bags.
Just take part in our Instagram video contest for a chance to win!
1. Post a video on your Instagram account of you and a friend or family member singing one of three parts (see below) of this year’s NDP song:
‘We Are Singapore’
This is my country, this is my flag
This is my future, this is my life
This is my family, these are my friends
We are Singapore, Singaporeans
We, the citizens of Singapore
Pledge ourselves as one united people
Regardless of race, language or religion
To build a democratic society
Based on justice and equality
So as to achieve happiness, prosperity
And progress for our nation
We are Singapore, we are Singapore
We will stand together, hear the lion roar
We are Singapore, we are Singapore
We’re a nation strong and free forever more
2. Tag @Gov.sg, and a friend or family member you’d like to bring along to the Parade (make sure your IG account is public)
3. Follow @Gov.sg and hashtag #GovsgNDP2018
The most creative, melodious, and inclusive entry for each part will win a pair of NDP tickets each!
We may even feature your video on our Gov.sg National Day video!
Contest ends on 22 July 2018. Winners will be announced by end-July.
Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions
- This contest is open to all Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents as of the date of entry. Employees of the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- The contest starts on 9th July 2018, and ends [22nd July 2018, 11:59 pm, UTC +8]. All online entries must be received by [22nd July 2018, 11:59 pm, UTC +8].
- By participating, the Contestant ("You") agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules. You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Ministry of Communications and Information as final and binding as it relates to any decisions made in connection with this contest.
- The entry must fulfil all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Ministry of Communications and Information.
- You may submit a video entry via your own Instagram account with the following steps:
Step 1: Follow the @Gov.sg Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/gov.sg/)
Step 2: Post your video entry on your personal Instagram account with the following hashtag:#GovsgNDP2018
Step 3: Tag the @Gov.sg account in the post, and a friend or family member
- You guarantee that the video submitted is original and has not been previously published, and you own all necessary rights.
- Video(s) containing watermarks (including image credits) may not be entered.
- Video(s) that are lightly modified by image or audio editing software, or equivalent programmes are accepted.
- Multiple entries per account are accepted. However, each entry should be a single video post (i.e. do not submit multiple videos in one post, or video collages). Each Instagram account is entitled to only one winning video.
- Eight winners of the contest (the “Winners”) will be chosen by an internal judging panel of officers from MCI. Winners will be picked based on adherence to the theme, creativity, and originality.
- The top three Winners will each receive a pair of tickets to the NDP 2018 on 9 August 2018. The remaining five Winners will each receive an NDP 2018 Fun Pack. All eight winners will also win an exclusive Gov.sg gift bag.
- The Winners will be contacted directly by Instagram direct message from the “@Gov.sg” Instagram account by end of July 2018, and will be required to submit their personal details for verification purposes. Failure to reply within two working days shall lead to the waiver of the contestant’s winning status.
Other terms and conditions:
- By entering this contest, You understand and agree that the Ministry of Communications and Information, or anyone acting on behalf of the Ministry of Communications and Information shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, for the next two years and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- The Ministry of Communications and Information reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Ministry of Communications and Information’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, the Ministry of Communications and Information may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Ministry of Communications and Information. The Ministry of Communications and Information reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
- By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Ministry of Communications and Information and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.