Will I get CPF if I’m a temp or contract worker?

Yes. But there are 3 main criteria you must fulfil first.

cbd worker 06

Are you:

  1. A Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident?
  2. Employed by someone or a company?
  3. Earning more than $50 a month?

If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of the above, then you should be paid CPF. This applies whether you are working full-time, part-time, on an ad hoc/casual basis, or if you are on a probationary period. This is required under the CPF Act.

If you earn less than $500 per month, you do not have to contribute the employee share of the CPF. Your CPF contributions are borne solely by your employer.

If you come across employers who are not complying with the above requirements, you can:

  • Call the WorkRight hotline: 1800 221 9922
    • Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
    • Saturday: 8.30am to 1pm
    • Closed on Sunday and public holidays
  • Email workright@mom.gov.sg
  • Call the CPF hotline: 1800 227 1188
    • Monday to Friday: 8am to 5.30pm

Know your employment rights

Do you have questions about:

  • Being paid your salaries on time
  • Overtime payment
  • Paid annual leave, sick leave and working on public holidays
  • Limit on working hours?

Find the answers here: FAQs on employment rights

For more info, visit: WorkRight initiative

Source: Ministry of Manpower, and Central Provident Fund Board

This article is accurate as of Jul 2017.

More From Factually

Unless otherwise indicated, the articles here are generally accurate as of their publication dates. Please visit the relevant Goverment agency website for the latest updates.