IF YOU NEVER TRY, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW
Much has been said about the #futureeconomy, but what does it really mean?
In the first of a four-part series featuring Singaporean entrepreneurs and businesses, we speak to Dian Rasid, co-founder of modest fashion e-commerce store RoseValley, wife, and mother of two.
She answers seven questions on what drives her – read till the end to find out where she thinks the future of fashion is going. ;)
1. What’s your morning fuel (drink)? Send us a photo of it!
I like an oats drink every morning to start my day right!
2. Tell us what gives you the motivation to get up every day.
My family! I have two beautiful kids who wake me up with their requests for milk or food, or to read to them. That gives me the drive to start my day.
3. Why entrepreneurship?
I wanted something to call my own. That's why my husband and I decided to start our own business, so we could tap on both our skills. We were also driven to try something new and get out of our comfort zone.
4. In your opinion, is expanding overseas critical for growth?
It is, as this will allow us to have a wider reach and the versatility to adapt to various communities.
5. What’s one skill Singaporeans should pick up today?
Being innovative and creative. There are many brilliant ideas out there. Don't just copy them but improve on them and localise them.
6. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received, and what’s one piece of advice you’d give to young Singaporeans?
Best advice I’ve received: Just start and be bold (especially in entrepreneurship).
My advice to young Singaporeans: If you never try, you will never know.
7. What’s your favourite fashion item/trend?
I am currently interested in Mother-Daughter matching outfits. This might also be a growing trend!
More inspiring stories here.