If you wish to report noise pollution
If you are wondering how loud is too loud, these are the permissible noise limits for factories operating near homes, schools and hospitals:
||7am – 7pm
||7pm – 11pm
||11pm – 7am
|Noise sensitive places, e.g. hospitals and schools
|Source: Environmental Protection and Management (Boundary Noise Limits for Factory Premises) Regulations. Figures shown are average values measured over a 5-min period.
Here's what the noise levels mean:
Rules about HDB renovation noise
||Live rock music
||Jet engine taking off
- General renovation should only be carried out between 9:00am and 6:00pm on weekdays and Saturdays. No renovations are allowed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Noisy renovations within the flat such as demolishing of walls, removing wall/ floor finishes, cutting of tiles and heavy and excessive drilling works, etc. can only be carried out between 9:00am and 5:00pm on weekdays. Noisy renovations are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays and eve of major public holidays (i.e. New Year's Day, Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Hari Raya Puasa and Christmas Day).
Rules about noise from construction sites*
- Call HDB (Branch Service Line) at 1800 225 5432 (only available on weekdays, 8:00am to 5:00pm).
- No work is allowed between 10.00 pm on Saturdays and 7.00 am on the following Monday (for construction projects within 150 m of residences and noise-sensitive places).
- On public holidays, no construction work is allowed between 10.00 pm on the eve, and 7.00 am on the day after the holiday.
* Only for sites established on and after 1 Sep 2011 and located within 150m away from residential premises. Please check the National Environment Agency (NEA) website
If you wish to report water, used water and drainage matters
- Contact the PUB 24-hour Call Centre at 1800 284 6600
- Email to PUB_One@pub.gov.sg
- SMS to 70400 (Please include your name, contact number, type and location of problem)
- Fax to 6752 8015 (Please include your name, contact number, type, location and brief description of problem)
If you wish to report litter
Types of litter problems
- Bulky refuse left unattended in common areas
- Unattended and potentially dangerous items left on the parapet
- Activation of urine alarms in HDB lifts
- Cleanliness in public areas
|If you wish to report...
||... you should contact:
|Littering at HDB common areas
|Littering in other areas
||National Environment Agency
T: 1800-CALL NEA (1800-2255 632)
|Cleanliness in public areas
||Department of Public Cleanliness (NEA)
T: 1800 600 3333 (hotline)
|Unauthorised use of non-HDB properties
||Urban Redevelopment Authority
T: 6223 4811